Laughing, frowning, squinting and concentrating – these expressions occur naturally. Unfortunately, over time the muscle contractions creating these expressions lead to creases, deep folds and fine lines in our faces. Facial lines and wrinkles can make you appear older, tired, or unhappy – even on your best days! Luckily, our Bellevue Dysport injections can help you look youthful and refreshed.
What is Dysport?
Dysport is a cosmetic injectable that has been approved by the FDA to target the facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles (wrinkles caused by movement). It is in the same class of injectable as BOTOX and works on the same principles, however, the formula is different. Like BOTOX, Dysport is a neuromodulator. Tiny quantities of purified botulinum toxin work to relax muscles and improve the appearance of wrinkles. Although BOTOX is still the most popular neuromodulator, Dysport is an excellent alternative.
How Does Dysport Work?
Dysport, like other neuromodulators, works by blocking nerve signals from the facial nerves to the muscles. These muscles are responsible for our dynamic wrinkles and lines that develop over time. The reduction of muscle activity works to smooth away lines and wrinkles in a treatment that takes only minutes to complete. Dysport has the added benefit of preventing new wrinkles from forming.
What Areas Can Be Treated With Dysport?
Dysport can be successfully used on the following areas:
- Forehead wrinkles (horizontal brow lines)
- Frown lines between the eyebrows (the “11” lines)
- Crow’s feet (lines around the eyes)
Dysport was developed to smooth wrinkles that are caused by muscle contractions. If you have any deep folds or creases due to aging skin and the loss of skin-firming collagen (not by facial movement) you may be a good candidate for Dysport in Kirkland, WA and beyond.
How Does Dysport Differ From BOTOX and Jeuveau?
Dysport, Jeuveau® and BOTOX are neuromodulators formulated with a neurotoxin to treat dynamic wrinkles on the face.
- Dysport: Dysport has a different molecule size than Jeuveau and BOTOX. It was developed this way so that is could produce quicker results and cover a wider area. If you are looking for quick, natural results, Dysport may be the answer you are looking for.
- Jeuveau: This is the newest injectable of its class and is very similar to BOTOX in its formulation and performance. It differs from BOTOX and Dysport in that it was designed specifically for cosmetic use, whereas BOTOX and Dysport can be used medically as well.
- BOTOX: BOTOX is the gold standard and is the number one cosmetic treatment in existence. The effectiveness of Jeuveau is similar to that of BOTOX because their formulations are nearly the same. However, Dysport and BOTOX vary in their potency. This means that Dysport results take effect more quickly but can also wear off more quickly for some.
Am I a good candidate for Dysport?
If you have realistic expectations, are in good mental and physical health and have dynamic wrinkles that you feel make you look older, you may be an excellent candidate for Dysport.
Why Choose Skintegrity Medspa?
At Skintegrity Medspa our highest priority is providing you with the best possible results in a friendly and professional environment. Our medical providers have over 40 years of experience as physicians. They are highly skilled at performing injections, and have a thorough knowledge of facial anatomy, for optimal results with the least amount of injections. Our medical staff can provide you with natural, beautiful results – never overdone or frozen.
What to expect during your Dysport treatment?
Our expert injector will take a very fine tip needle to inject directly into the facial muscles which are causing your dynamic wrinkles. If desired, we can numb you with an anesthetic before your treatment. The entire procedure takes less than 15 minutes for most patients.
How long will my results with Dysport last?
Results with Dysport tend to last approximately 12 to 16 weeks. To maintain your results, we recommend that you return to our office for additional injections of Dysport as you see the effect fading. If you wish to learn more, contact us today and schedule a consultation for arguably the best treatment of Dysport Bellevue has to offer.