Just because laser liposuction is minimally invasive doesn’t mean you don’t have to worry about post-recovery. You need to realize that the secret to achieving the results you want lies in how well you take care of yourself after the operation.
- You will experience a bit swelling, which is normal. Be sure to have some loose, comfortable clothing to change into after the operation.
- Let a friend or family member drive you home because you will feel a little woozy when the anesthesia wears off.
- You will feel achy and sore. This feeling shouldn’t last more than a few days. Make sure that you get enough rest and relaxation as you recover.
- Refrain from any strenuous activities for several weeks after the procedure. Listen to your body and do not rush the healing process.
- Do not apply ice packs or heat pads to the treated area because these might cause complications.
- If you feel anything out of the ordinary, don’t hesitate to call your doctor right away.