Don’t Just Treat The Acne, Get Better Looking Skin!
Acne breakouts are never something you want to have to deal with. At any age, acne is one of the most frustrating, embarrassing of all skin problems. If you feel that you have tried every acne clearing over-the-counter product out there without success, consider taking a more professional-grade approach. There are several light, laser therapies, and peels that have been shown to be quite effective in the treatment of mild to moderate acne without having to use systemic antibiotics.
At Skintegrity MedSpa, located in beautiful Kirkland, WA, we have researched the treatment options that have been proven safe and effective in acne clearing and have included them in our Med Spa services. Our highly professional staff have been trained in the nuances of acne treatments and the specified wavelengths and combinations that work best to clear acne without hurting the surrounding skin. Even though we understand that acne treatments are not something you would choose to have, we endeavor to make your experience as comfortable as possible while employing the necessary procedures to give you the clear, glowing skin you deserve!
Which Treatment Is Right For Me?
The truth is most of us have probably dealt with acne at some point in our lives. Acne occurs when there is an overproduction of oil in our skin that gets clogged in our pores and result in pimples, blackheads, or whiteheads on the surface of our skin. Systemic antibiotics are often prescribed to help with the treatment of acne but these can sometimes cause allergic reactions, may be not tolerated well by your system, or take weeks to have an effect on the acne. Lasers, light therapies, and microdermabrasion provide an excellent alternative for patients seeking out an effective treatment that will not only clear their acne and prevent future breakouts, but will also help their skin look refreshed and beautiful.
ACNE CLEARING BEFORE & AFTER
ACNE CLEARING VIDEO
We are proud to offer the following treatments for acne prone skin:
- IPL with Blue Light: Using the revolutionary Palomar IPL technology, pulses of light are painlessly emitted through a handpiece that is gently pressed to your skin, reducing the redness and drying up the oil that causes clogged pores and breakouts. When coupled with Blue light therapy, which produces free radicals to kill acne-causing bacteria, the result is healed, clear, and more healthy looking skin without downtime and or systemic side effects to worry about.
- Fractional Skin Resurfacing: Fraxel Re:Store is an advanced technology that uses microscopic laser beams to remove “fractions” of damaged skin allowing the skin to heal rapidly. This technique is ideal for removing the damaged skin and darkened spots left behind by acne. You may experience the sensation of a “light sunburn” after treatment, but since skin types and treatment plans will vary, we will give you more specifics about what you can expect based on your needs.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is a great option to unclog pores and to help turn over the skin that has been damaged by the acne lesions themselves. It uses fine crystals to exfoliate the skin and remove skin cells that can aggravate acne while polishing the skin to remove any dark or red marks left behind. This is a non-ablative procedure, which means it will allow you to return to your daily activities right away.
- Chemical Peels: We use both PCA and Dermaquest professional chemical peels to help reduce the redness and soreness from acne breakouts. Our peels will quickly help reduce inflammation, clear clogged pores, and kill bacteria. You will have some flaking after the treatment, but as the dead skin falls away, so will your breakouts.
- Organic Green Peel: For patients seeking a homeopathic approach to acne, our organic green peel is a highly-effective, 100% organic alternative to a traditional peel, capable of delivering the same amazing exfoliation power without the use of acids or chemical agents, for a smooth, beautiful complexion.